Working with seven local school systems to provide thirty in-school programs for students, parents, and staff
- Student Wellness days promoting healthy coping skills
- Substance use prevention and awareness
- Anti-bullying, motivation, and other school-specific requests
- School systems include GPPSS, HWPS, GPA, ULS, Chandler Park Academy, St. Clare of Montefalco and Star of the Sea.
Your partnership is invaluable to the students of North!
– Lauren Klein, LMSW, Former GPPSS Counselor
Offering Preschool Playtime
A weekly class designed to provide socializing and learning opportunities for toddlers and their families in effort to combat isolation and pandemic-related developmental delays.
It is nice to have something planned during the week for me and the kids, just to get out and do something new! I appreciate all you are doing both with this recurring event and others that your organization works on.
– Preschool Playtime Attendee
Establishing the Special Needs Resource Alliance
A network of local non-profit organizations, school systems and service providers who work together to offer support for individuals with special needs in Southeast Michigan.
- Hosted the inaugural Special Needs Resource Fair
- 40+ vendors
- 150+ attendees
I have always worried about my sons’ future and this event took away so many of my fears.
– Special Needs Resource Fair Attendee
Hosting Community Grief Centers
In the aftermath of the shooting at Michigan State University, which tragically claimed the lives of two Grosse Pointe residents, we coordinated grief centers staffed by local trauma therapists and worked with CNS Healthcare to establish a dedicated support hotline. We also provided trauma and grief counseling resources for circulation in our local newspapers and school publications.
I understand The Family Center stepped up to offer their services after the tragic shootings at MSU. Thank you and we are lucky to have a caring, local organization to help especially in tragedies with complex emotional challenges.
– Community Member
SUICIDE PREVENTION & MENTAL HEALTH
The 7th Annual Suicide Prevention Walk & Mental Health Fair
Demonstrating community-wide support to those affected by suicide and bringing awareness to mental health resources available in our area.
- Co-hosted the 7th Annual Suicide Prevention Walk & Mental Health Fair
- 25+ vendors
- 200+ attendees
I am so impressed with what a positive impact you have had. Keep up the outstanding work.
– Local Therapist
Hear From Our Community
Mental health and drug dependency are two of our most impactful issues (nationwide) these days and these types of resources are invaluable.
– Grosse Pointe Farms Director & Chief John Hutchins
The Family Center is an essential community resource.
– Grosse Pointe Farms Councilwoman, Beth Konrad Wilberding